It's time to bring some diesel truck action into the Appalachian Outlaws Pulling Series! Introducing the 8000lb Hot Rod Diesel 4x4 Division. Next season, we are going to find out who has the baddest 1-ton driveline diesel truck on 4 tires. The 2022 Ruleset is attached below for any drivers interested in competing next year!
8000lb HOT ROD DIESEL 4X4 RULES
1.Maximum weight 8000
2. Front hanging weights are allowed, not to exceed 60 inches forward from the centerline of the front axle. All weights must be securely fastened
3. No weight allowed in cab
Chassis and Suspension
1. OEM Chassis is mandatory. The vehicle must retain OEM frame rails
2. Must maintain OEM measurements for the body being used. .
3. Suspension - The upper mounting point for strut assembly must be in factory location.
4. Adjustable caster/ camber pillow ball mounts are permitted. The lower control arm may be strengthened provided the factory mounting points are maintained. Strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, and limit straps are permitted. Traction bars and devices are permitted. but must be bolted on only. Welds permitted for attachment to frame and axle only. Blocked suspension permitted. Rear suspension may be made solid.
5. Laddering under the frame for strengthening is permitted
Batteries are not allowed in cab, unless factory installed
1.Dot helmet to be worn and fastened
2.Leather shoes ,pants & shirt, Fire suit are highly recommended
1.The body must be an OEM truck body including the full bed floor. The body must retain the full sheet metal. Aftermarket hoods permitted.
2. The complete OEM floor pan is mandatory. Vehicle must maintain a complete firewall Additional gauges and pillar pods are permitted.
3. No mud flaps or dirt deflector
4. Flatbeds are allowed. Must be manufactured . No homemade beds.
1. Must have working brakes. No pinion brake allowed
1. All vehicles must be equipped with upward pointing exhaust located either directly behind the cab or out of truck hood. If exhaust runs to the rear of the truck, it must turn up elbow.
2. Two 3/8 inch diameter bolts must be placed through the exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one inch of each other and within 12 inches of the turbo.
1. All trucks must have at least a six-inch-wide u-joint shield around the rear u-joint constructed of at least 5/16-inch steel or 3/8 aluminum that will safely contain the u-joint and the end of the driveshaft. All shields must be securely mounted to the vehicle. Any front shaft u-joints that can be visibly seen from the side of the truck must be shielded to contain the u-joint and the end of the driveshaft.
2. Axle shields are required. Shield to be .060” thickness steel or aluminum. A hole may be cut in one shield to allow operation of hub lock
3. Safety switches (rain cap or guillotine) must shut off air to diesel engines. Switch will be securely mounted to the back of the vehicle. A 2 inch or bigger solid ring must be attached to the end of the switch. Ring must be zip tied to the switch bracket. Switch must also be able to be activated in the cab while the driver is secured in the vehicle.
1. OEM rear and front ends required. Must have come to the factory in a one ton or smaller vehicle.
2. OEM transmission and transfer case must be used. Must have come factory in a one ton or smaller vehicle
3. Non-OEM transmissions prohibited. Aftermarket torque convertors, valve bodies, and internal components are permitted
4. SFI bell housing and/or SFI blow proof bell housing or SFI blanket type shield must be used.
5. Automatic transmissions must be covered 360 degrees from back of engine block to the tall shaft bolts
1. Tires must be DOT approved no larger than 35x12.50. or 315x75 Metric
2. Must have factory tire size stamped for verification. If size is removed they will be considered illegal.
3. No studded tires or tire chains. No alterations to tires permitted. No bar or terra tires.
4. Dual wheels are prohibited
1. All vehicles must have a 2 1/2 lb. dry chemical or 1 lb. halo extinguisher
2. Must be securely mounted within reach of the driver.
1. Diesel Fuel only
2. No propane or Nitrous
3. Other oxygen enhancers allowed
1. Must be rigged in all directions, Hitch mounting point must not be more than 2 “above frame rails. And no further forwards than centerline of rear axle
2.No Bolts in hitch, must be forge pins
3. From point of hook to centerline of rear axle shall be no less than 27% of wheels base
4. Maximum hitch height of 26” with a minimum of 3.75”x3” opening.
5. Tab must be welded in center of rear axle to assist in measuring
1. Any OEM engine that came in a one ton or less from factory
2. Engine must be in OEM locations for the body used.
3. No aftermarket blocks permitted.
4. Cylinder head must be an OEM or OEM replica for the brand of engine. Outside of the cylinder head must measure factory width and length. No billet heads of any material. Head must retain factory OEM valve angle. No deck plates permitted. Side draft and aftermarket intake manifolds are allowed.
5. Maximum of one P pump up to P7100 allowed. 13MM plunger limit. Ag governors permitted. The use of multiple high pressure common rail fuel pumps is legal.
6. Hand throttles permitted. Must work in forward motion with 2 return springs
8. Any turbo allowed. Cannot exceed 3.6 smooth bore
8. Water injection is prohibited. Air to air intercooler & Air to water are permitted. Ice and water must be in when crossing scale
9. Engine must have 3/8 cable surrounding #1 & #2 cylinder and must pass thought the
Proudly powered by Weebly